Monday 18 January 2010

Update on the new place

We've been in our new apartment for a month now. I LOVE it!! Wish we had moved in right from the start. Having said that, I may not then have gone on a 3 month shopping tour of Jakarta and found all the shops I did. Nor picked up the various hobbies I have... On the other hand, there are good friends living here that I wished I had met earlier. Still, regrets are pointless. I enjoyed our 2 years in Kemang, and it certainly allowed me to fully appreciate what we now have here.

The complex holds free exercise classes ranging from pilates and yoga to step and cardio. The instructors are good and the classes tend to be full. I have to admit, having the classes right below me makes it very easy to pop down. One of the problems I've always had with exercise classes in the past is the effort involved in getting there. More often than not, I just give up.

If those classes are not enough, then there are also additional classes that one can pay for. Lots of language classes, then taekwondo, ballet etc etc. The choices are endless. Kiddo elected to take additional swimming and piano classes. Maybe I'll take violin classes... never got around to it in the past. Hmmm...

All in all, this place is the bees knees. Everything is so convenient. Unfortunately, it's still subject to the vagaries of Jakarta traffic. Took me 1.5hours to get home today. Reason? Maybe because it's a Monday... Maybe the wind blew wrong...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mei Tan,

Regina here, for ExpatWomen.com.

I would like to personally invite you to list your blog on our Expat Women Blog Directory (www.expatwomen.com/expatblog/) so that other women can read about and learn from your expat experiences.

Many thanks in advance for your contribution and keep up your great blog!

Regina