Tuesday 24 November 2009

End of the bazaar season

Well, this is IT for me. My bazaar season (as a vendor) officially ended at 1pm today in ANZA house. Phew... Am pooped. It's pretty difficult repeating a sales pitch over and over again for up to 4 hours. Hats off to traveling salespeople who do this for a living.

At last total, the orphanage will get in the region of about Rp3.5mil (USD350) from my 2 bazaars and 1 coffee morning. Wish it were more, but I was already encouraging shoppers to round up sales with additional items. Short of randomly grabbing strangers off the path and forcibly removing cash from their wallets, I don't think I could have done better. As hubby likes to say,'Small ticket items give you small profits!'.

I did, however, meet LOADS of people this time. More so than any other previous bazaar. To be honest, the bazaars are my way of meeting people I wouldn't otherwise encounter. Some have turned out to be great friends, others have introduced me to new interests... I love the saying 'A stranger is but a friend you haven't met yet'.

It's off to the Sambolo Beach bungalows for us on Thursday and the move to the new apartment next Wednesday. Busy, busy, busy... Give me my G&T!!

No comments: