Thursday 19 November 2009

Hit the 'next blog' button for some laughs

I don't know if non-members of blogspot can see this button, but if you do, hit it and see what comes up. Intuitive programming at it's best. The Genius function on iTunes supposedly makes up a playlist for you depending on your tastes when you play a particular song. The 'next blog' button attempts to do the same by randomly selecting blogs for you that you might be interested in.

Well, what they selected for me ranged from absolutely 'uh??', to 'oh yeah, I think I'll come back and check this out.' After a while it got addictive just seeing what they would come up with next.

I got directed to blogs on: Anime (why??), an Indian political site (I think, not sure, but it was all in Tamil(?) and had pictures of people waving flags and marching), a new moms blog (justified), some tech blog with pics of phones (not sure, in Japanese, so have to guess using pictures), some illustrator who draws castles and such (probably got there because I had sooo many posts with the word 'defense/ defender'. Goes to show...). And this is supposed to have been refined. I so do not want to know what it was like previously... Oh well, next time I'm bored, I'll definitely hit it for laughs.

PS how can I forget the one written by the teenage girl that sounded incredibly profound and poetic, yet with a postgraduate degree in medicine, I could not, for the life of me understand. Each word was ok, but strung together they didn't seem to SAY anything... HOW did I end up THERE??

No comments: